Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Donate


Had an interesting run-in with Donor Services last night while on call. The case was tragic but the family was quick to realize the opportunity to help someone else. We called donor services and they were there in minutes. As soon as dude #1 confirmed things, dudes#2-5 showed up in no time. They brought their own computers, set up portable printers and got to work..... matching up organs, calling surgeons, arranging organ transport. It was impressive and a well oiled machine. Hopefully someone got a new begining this morning.
I know I want to donate my organs. Hopefully, I'll live so long they'll be worthless by the time I'm done with them. But, if not, there is too much amazing oportunity for others to keep them to myself- only to be buried with them. Lungs, Heart, Kidneys, Liver, Eyes, skin, bone. All said and done, you could give 10 people a new chance.


Had a rough day at the gym today. Didn't get much sleep last night at work and tried to take a nap but was pretty worthless anyway. The CF workout destroyed me. I haven't felt that bad in a while. Felt light headed even after lying down. Don't know if it's the lack of sleep or just going too hard from the start, but I'm still hacking up a lung.

WOD:
5 rounds
10 Deadlifts at 110% (or 7.... whatever)
10 Pull Ups
400m run

Brutal


Run 5 K with the pup. He needed it, I didn't

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely agreed. Thanks for the insight into how the organ teams work - I'd love to hear more about it.