Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So I got this Thing.....

I've had this nagging pain on the outside of my left foot for a while now. Here and there for a couple of months. But the last couple of week shave been especially bad. I've stopped running in the five fingers. And things that seem to aggravate it most are box jumps and jumping rope - two things that place a lot of stress on the forefoot.

Timing is lame. I've got MedWAR coming up this Saturday. Crossfit sectionals in 2 weeks. And I've started running in prep for the Wasatch back and the Speedgoat.

The way I see it is that there are two possibilities. There are not many non-traumatic causes of lateral foot pain

1) Peroneal Tendinitis : Inflammation of the peroneal tendon as it traverses behind the lateral maleolus (ankle)















2) 5th Metatarsal stress fracture : This is what I'm hoping it's not. A stress fracture can take 6-8 weeks to heal - especially if it's in the 5th metatarsal. I had surgery on my right 5th metatarsal while I was in med school. It was quite possibly the worst 6 months of my life. Damn I hope this isn't it.














Monday:
Workup to 1RM Squat Clean - 200lbs (PR!)
WOD
5 rounds for time
3 Squat Cleans at 160lbs
9 Clap Push Ups
27 Double Unders
Time: 9:56 or so

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you going to figure out what it is?

Mike said...

punch my foot really hard and see if it still hurts