Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Slight Change

There's going to be a slight change in this blog.
I'm going to start blogging about more just photography. More specifically I'm going to start blogging my workouts. You might all think this is retarded, to that I say suck it. I don't shoot enough anymore, but I will start again soon. Come on residency. T-minus 7 months WaHOO!

This week has been exciting. I worked my last day at the VA ED this Monday. It's a sad parting, but I think I'll live. I'm on vacation now. Kicking it stay-ca style.

I went split-boarding on Sunday up at ALTA ("It's for Skiers"). Conditions were stupid, but turns were nice. And I went and picked up my Snowboard pass yesterday- bonus 4 runs on the groomers in the AM. It totally reminded me about snowboarding back east. I kinda miss the speed. But then the fluffy falls and I am reminded why I moved out here.

On to the workouts:
I started going to Crossfit here in SLC. It's been fun. I like a little change here and there- and CF offers a significant change.

Monday: CF total (max Squat, Shoulder press, Deadlift.
Squat: 275, 295, 305 (Fail)
Shoulder Press: 135, 155 (Fail), 145 (Fail)- a sad day for shoulders
Deadlift: 345, 365 (PR), 375 (PR)
Total 805 (Woop)
Tabita Rowing: 8x 20s on 10s rest
Medicine Ball complex: 20lb ball
4 rounds for time
30 slams, 30 ball pushups, 30 ball swings, 30 ball situps
Time 11min

Tuesday: the Dawson garage workout:
5k run in the park
Squat-clean and jerk. 135lbs x 1 rep every 30s x 10min
CF WOD: AMRAP in 20 min
10 Goblet squats at 52 lbs
10 Box jumps (on a iron stove = hardcore)
10 pull ups
15 1/3 rounds in 20 min

No comments: